FDM (VRCC) Statement of Faith
We are a multi-cultural church founded in the principles of the word of God. This is our foundation and our faith:
- We believe that the Bible both Old and New Testaments, are holy scriptures inspired of God without error in the original writings, and a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, now He is our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, is to convict the world of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. John 16:8 - 15
- We believe that Man was created in the image of God by God but fell into sin and is therefore lost, and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that Salvation is only through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- We believe in the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our hope and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily Resurrection of all the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- We believe in one universal Church, composed of all such persons, who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
- We believe in water Baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Saviour. This is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life.
- We believe the Holy Communion is the Lord's Supper, a memorial service setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ; all true believers and only believers should share in it.